Wednesday, February 23, 2011

"David Archuleta Breaks His Silence"


American Idol's David Archuleta is breaking his silence on why he left Jive Records and his management company last week.

"Sorry for scaring you guys," the pop star tells his fans in a nearly 8-minute long video blog posted on YouTube

Archuleta, who was the runner up to David Cook in season seven of Idol, says he left his record label because it is "changing as a company" and he's "changing as an artist."

The 20-year-old claims that although management at Jive has changed recently, he was offered to stay with the company, but "It just didn't feel like the right thing."

So what's next for the young star? "I've been writing by myself to see what comes out of me -- not to be self conscious ... It's just been really cool," Archuleta explains.

"I just want to make sure that what I'm sharing is real and something I feel a real connection to," he continues.

Sounding older than his years, Archuleta adds that sometimes, "You have to follow your gut."

(Source)

No comments:

Post a Comment