Tuesday, February 22, 2011

David Archuleta goes on the record about leaving Jive

David Archuleta addresses his split from Jive Records in the new video blog he posted to his YouTube channel Tuesday. "I know a lot of you have been worried about it," he says.

Noting that Sony Music president Barry Weiss and David's A&R representative, Jeff Fenster, both had departed the organization recently, David says, "They're changing as a company. And, then, I feel like I'm changing as an artist. I'm changing the direction I'm going, too. There were offers to continue working with them, but it just didn't feel like the right thing now."

David also has left his management company. "It took me a while to realize that have control of my life," he says. "The decisions that I make, that's what's going to break not necessarily just my career, but my life, too. So I'm just excited where to go, the direction that I'm hoping to go now with music.

David apologizes if he scared any of his fans but thanks them for their support. "It means a lot ... that you're still supportive, still positive, and I appreciate that so much."


IdolChatter

No comments:

Post a Comment